Thursday, March 01, 2007

Encrusted CQ Block class 2



First I'd like to say Thank You to all of the notes of sympathy and support I received during this past week or so. It's been extremely hard to deal with losing my brother and I know it's going to take time to get back to some kind of norm. I can't say thank you enough times it meant a lot to know there are so many wonderful ladies I get to learn from and share with:)
I made an attempt today to get back on task with my block. It seems I did more "taking out" than I did "putting in" with my stitching. But that's ok, I did make some headway and that felt pretty good:) I've had a chance to visit some of your blogs and WOW comes immediately to mind! The work I'm seeing is gorgeous!!!
I hope I can do half as good as what I've seen and I'll be thrilled! :)
Sharon you're in my prayers (you have been since I saw your post about needing the surgery) and I hope all went well and you're back with us soon. FEELING GOOD!:)
Again thank you everyone for all your support:)
Big Big HUGZ:) to all!

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Candi,
I think your block is coming along beautiful. I know what you mean about taking out a lot. I seem to do that a lot. Sometimes I think I do as much reverse stitching as stitching. lol Can't wait to see more pics. I wished I could have taken this class this time. It would have been so much fun taking it with you and the others that is taking it right now. I emailed Barbara and she said it will be offered again this fall so I am making plans on taking it then.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

What a lovely bloc, Candi - so warm and soothing. I am so sorry for your loss, and hope this project helps to soothe your soul.

Susan said...

Your block is coming along really well. I like what you are doing! Hope you are coming along better yourself. I know it takes time to get over this kind of loss. I guess it's more like learning to live with it. You don't ever really get over it.

Kathy Morrow said...

It's me -- Kathy in CA from your class. I wanted to thank you for the great comments you left on my blog. It is so nice to hear that your work looks good to someone else, you know!!

I LOVE your blog setup. It's really pretty. Your block has wonderful colors and is well on its way. Sewing can be a great way to get through your pain. I hope for peace of mind for you. We never get over losing someone, but we do learn to go on living. It's all we can do.

Fondly, Kathy