Monday, August 27, 2007

Fabric & Ribbon dyed Last Night



Last night was my second attempt at mottling with fabric dying. I attempted to match the ribbon to it to. The good part is I'm really happy the way they came out, the bad thing is I planned on leaving them sit in the dye over night. However, about midnight I couldn't stand it any longer. I couldn't go to sleep till I got up and rinsed them out to see! Patience obviously is NOT one of my virtues. lol (I think I used it all up on my kids when they were young!lol)

8 comments:

Pat said...

Hi Candi, I love your Ribbons & Fabric! I haven't tried dying yet but hope to get brave and do it.

I also see you are a Scorpio too!
Pat

die-fadenwerkstatt said...

Hi Candi,

Your fabric and ribbon look great. What method did you use? Last week I tried dyeing with natural dyes but wasn't very successful.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I know what you mean about using up the patience! Your dying turned out great! Such pretty 'sunshine' colors!

Gabriele said...

I love how your fabrics and ribbons turned out! Did you use the colors do dye with a project in mind or just for fun? Either way, both the ribbons and fabrics will be fun to use.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Candi - love the colours! I only just found your blog, through another - didn't even know you had one! hugs

Lindy from Indy said...

gorgeous, Candi...just gorgeous! I don't blame you for not sleeping - you can do that/catch up on your sleep someday when you can't see to quilt!

Thelma said...

Very nicely done Candi. I told you you would get addicted to dyeing fabric if you started....lol

onyx said...

I love the how your fabric turned out. Do you use natural dye? Also would you be interested in selling?

please email me back at contactonyx@gmail.com