Saturday, February 16, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I've been tagged by Karrinto tell 7 things about myself.



THE RULES:


1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.
Here are some facts about me:

1. When I was pregnant with my first son (7months pregnant) I was still water skiing. The thing I forgot about while skiing was the extra weight I was carrying (not to mention where I was carrying it! lol) I attempted to jump a wake when the tips of my ski's caught the water. Of course I went down FLAT! My dad cut the engine, turned the boat around, coming up along side of me and pulled me out of the water by my hair! lol I was just a little stunned, but the fun part was trying to get BACK into the boat with that belly! lol

2. My DH and I honeymooned along the Ocean at Bodega Bay in our RV. The first night we were sitting by the fire when this cute little racoon came visiting. We decided to feed him and then all of a sudden we had about 10 ADULT racoons to feed as well! As we ran out of food we slowly inched our way back into the RV just before they all decided to come to us at one time! What a learning experience that was. They headed over to the camp across from us and proceeded to tear up everything there looking for more food! The lesson, I don't care how cute they are, don't feed 'em! lol

3. My DH and BIL will no longer fish with me because every time we do, I end up catching all the fish and they (if they're lucky) might get a nibble.

4. I have two older sisters, both have been quilting for a long time. They do the most amazing work I've ever seen. Loretta is the artist and it shows in her quilting. Sonja is the perfectionist and every detail is just gorgeous on hers.

5. I'm a pack rat!! Oh how I've tried to break this. Anything I've ever done, I tend to hang on to the supplies forever! About a year or so ago I made the decision to let go of some things. We loaded up the bed of our truck with "supplies" for anything you can think of and donated them to my neighbor, who is a school teacher, for her to take to school. All of the teachers were very happy to get them as they have to buy so many of their supplies now.

6. I'm a born and raised Californian, having lived most of my life within a 6o mile radius. My adult life within a 25 mile radius. When my DH retired we decided to move to MO, as the cost of living was less there. Well, this transplanted CA could never adjust to the weather or anything in Kansas City. The people were wonderful and I loved my job with CitiBank there. The first opportunity we had we came home:) It may be expensive to live here, but it's my home and we have a little bit of every state out here.

7. I received an email my from my brother Frank (he lives about 20 min. from me) the other day and it said..."It's a bird, it's a plane.......it's Candi!!!! He has a video security system at his house and on Tues. I was walking onto the deck (John, his contractor) was working on it. As I walked out the door, I lost my balance and it was either take a header and crack my head open or jump off the deck onto cement
barefooted! Needless to say I opted to jump. I managed to fracture my heal and I'm now confined to sitting in a chair with my foot up above my heart for the next 4-6 weeks!arrrrrrrrrrrgh! This is not fun. It's hard to get to anything so I have to depend on the two men in my house right now......my DH and DS. They've been great, but being a control freak this is really a test for me!! lol

So now I'm going to TAG:

1. Courtney
2. Charlene
3. Lindy
4. Fran
5. Ati
6. Renea
7. Thelma

No comments: