Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lesson 3 in Scrumptuous Surfaces


Well, this is where I'm at on lesson 3 in the Scrumtuous Surfaces class. Problem is...I feel like I've lost my shell and starfish somewhat in the process. I think there's more work to do, but not sure what to do. Susan suggested reoutlining the shell and starfish possibly with a single or double thread darker than is all ready on there. That might be the key. I think I'm going to put it away for the night and go back to it tomorrow. By the way, that's an upside down set of dolphins that got hung up on the scanner. lol

5 comments:

Gail said...

Oh Candi this is so pretty. Perhaps you will be adding something else to your shell and starfish. I really like what your doing.

Melissa said...

Candi this is coming along so stunning! My idea to bring out the shell and starfish would be maybe to whip the stitching with a fine gold metallic thread, my reasoning is because the eye gets drawn to all the sparkles around the design but the design is more of a matte finish. Anyway it might be worth a shot? The darker thread sounds like a good idea too.
Hugs,
Melissa

Gerry said...

This is turning into a terrific block, Candi. I have no doubt that what ever you do to bring your shell and starfish to the forefront, it will be the perfect choice.

Kate said...

Candi, the beach is looking fabulous! I love the texture and the little shells. Stitching over the outline with dark or shiny threads are both good ideas. Have you considered using a lighter thread, maybe a shimmery rayon, to fill in the shapes with a basic flat filler stitch? Just a thought.

Maddie Can Fly said...

Very pretty. I see now why they call the class scrumptuous surfaces (g)